Last year, I told you about some of our favorite Dr. Seuss books in honor of his birthday. This year, I thought I'd share some other ideas to celebrate the day.
I know it's not until next Tuesday, but this will give you some heads up to plan.
- I found this great site, where you can download your own Seuss Reading Passport. Yes, I've printed a copy for each of my kids (not all the books are on there, but most of the real classics. Maybe I'll add some pages for the rest of them....)
- I'll be making a themed lunch for my daughter on Tuesday. Check it out on my lunch blog when the day comes.
- I think we'll make some Oobleck. Here's a great looking tutorial.
- You better believe we'll be having Green Eggs & Ham for breakfast.
- There are some cool game ideas at Seussville.com, too.
- We have one of the Dr. Seuss board games (Cat in the Hat - I Can Do That!) and I think it'll be obligatory to play a couple rounds.
- Of course, read one of your favorite Seuss books. Or two. Or three. Or, pick up a new one to expand your horizons - and stamp your Seuss Passport!